1. Privacy Information
- The "personal information" component of privacy information refers to the personal information prescribed in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and refers to information relating to a living individual, specifically the name, date of birth, address, telephone number and other contact information, and any other described information that can identify individuals.
- The "history and characteristic information" component of privacy information refers to information other than personal information, such as services used, products purchased, history of pages/ads viewed, search keywords used by users, time and date of use, methods of using, using environment, postal code, gender, occupation, age, user’s IP address, cookie information, location information, and terminal identification information.
2. Collection Method of Privacy information
We may collect history information and characteristics information about a user such as the services or software used, history of pages/ads viewed, search keywords used, time and date of use, methods of using, using environment (including the communication state of any mobile device used to access the services and the settings during use), IP address, cookie information, and location information, when the user accesses services provided by us or our partners or views our webpages.
3. Purpose of Collecting and Using Personal information
We collect and use personal information for the following purposes.
- To use an e-mail address to notify or contact users, to use contact information such as name and address in order to send products to users, contact users as necessary
- To use information such as name, date of birth, address, and telephone number for user identity verification
- To display information registered with us on an input screen so that users can enter data easily or to forward such information to other services (including services provided by partners) in accordance with the instructions of users
- To use as marketing information for the distribution of functions based on current location and ads and coupons and for surveys and analysis of usage
- To use information necessary for the provision of services to users, such as information about details of inquiries and billing, usage of services by users and contact information of users so as to answer inquires by users
- Purposes incidental to the purposes of use above
4. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
We will not provide personal information to a third party without the prior approval of users except for the following. However, this excludes cases in which the provision is permitted under the Act on the Protection of Personal Information or any other laws and regulations.
- Where requested under laws and regulations
- Where the provision is required for protecting human life, body or property and it is difficult to obtain the approval of the user him/herself
- Where it is especially necessary to improve public health or promote the sound growth of children and it is difficult to obtain the approval of the user him/herself
- Where it is necessary to help any national organization, a local public organization, or a contractor perform the clerical work prescribed in laws and regulations and the approval of the user him/herself could hinder the performance of the clerical work
- When notifying or publishing the following matters in advance
- Inclusion of provision to third parties in the purposes of use
- Items of data provided to third parties
- Means or method of provision to a third party
- Stopping the provision of personal information to a third party in accordance with the request of the user him/herself
Notwithstanding the provisions of the previous paragraph, the following cases shall not fall under provision to a third party.
- Where we outsource all or part of the handling of personal information to the extent necessary to achieve the purposes of use
- Where personal information is provided as a result of the transfer of business due to merger or other reason
- Where personal data is used jointly between specific individuals or entities and where the following are notified in advance to the user him/herself or put in a readily accessible condition for the user: the fact of joint use; the items of the personal data used jointly; the scope of the joint users; the purpose for which the personal data is used by them; and the name of the individual or entity responsible for the management of the personal data concerned
5. Disclosure of Personal Information
If a user him/herself requests the disclosure of personal information, we will disclose it to the user him/herself without delay. However, we will refrain from disclosing all or part of the information in the following cases. If we decide not to disclose the information, we will inform the user without delay.
- If disclosure could harm the life, body, property, or other interests of the user him/herself or a third party
- If disclosure could cause significant hindrance to the proper performance of our business
- If disclosure violates laws and regulations
Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, in principle, we will not disclose information other than personal information such as history information and characteristic information.
6. Correction and Deletion of Personal Information
- If any user’s personal information we own is incorrect, the user can request us to correct or delete the personal information by the procedure stipulated by us.
- If a user makes such a request and we judge it is necessary to meet the request, we will correct or delete the personal information and inform the user without delay.
7. Discontinuation of Use of Personal Information
When the user requests discontinuation of the use of his/her personal information (hereinafter, “Discontinuation of the Use”) claiming the personal information is handled beyond the scope of the purposes of use or the personal information is obtained by unjust means, we will conduct the necessary investigation, and based on the outcome of the investigation may take measures such as Discontinuation of the Use, and inform the user without delay. However, we will take alternative measures if Discontinuation of the Use of personal information involves enormous expense or if it is difficult and alternative measures are possible so as to protect rights and interests of the user.
- The contents of this Policy can be changed without notifying the user.
9. Contact for Inquiries
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at the following contact address or using the online form:
- Address: 25-8 Motoyoyogicho, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo
- Company Name: NAKED, INC. Japan
- Inquiry form